The PS1 Surveys
All the science programs planned for PS-1 will use data from one or more of the following surveys, which will be interlaced with each other.
- The 3π Steradian Survey covers the entire sky north of declination -30° with a total of 60 epochs, twelve each in 5 filters.
- The Medium Deep survey comprises ten fields spread across the sky that are observed nightly with longer exposures.
- The Solar System Sweet Spot survey will concentrate of those ecliptic directions where detection of NEOs is most likely.
- Stellar Transit Survey will search for Jupiter-like planets in close orbit around distant stars.
- Deep Survey of M31 will study microlensing and variability in the Andromeda Galaxy, as well as create a deep static image for cosmological studies.
More details to follow.